X10 Eagle-Eye Motion Detection through Glass?

I have a situation where I wish to have a X-10 motion detector inside a

room , detect the "motion" outside a glass window (tempered-glass,
1/4").

The X10 Eagle eye detector does not seem to detect thru the glass.

Is this normal, as expected performance?  Or maybe a weak
emitter/receiver/battery in the Eagle Eye?

thanx

J M K