Re: HA software suggestions

<jlipsit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1129691368.747154.278280@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Craig,
>
> I have been using HAL software for a number of years.  It allows the
> user to control everything by voice or web.  It's very cool.  You can
> read more about my system here:
>
> http://www.james.lipsit.com/home.htm
>
> Additionally, you can download HAL software and use it for 30 days for
> free.  It will work with the hardware that you already mentioned.  Give
> it a try and see what you think.
>
> http://www.automatedliving.com/downloads_v350_us.shtml
>
> They also have a strong userbase that is active on the following forum:
>
> http://www.automatedliving.com/phpbb2/
>
> Best of luck in Home Automation
>
> Jim Lipsit

Jim:

Yeah, I saw HAL as one option. It looks pretty interesting, but at
Smarthome, they have several versions. Some of these come with what appears
to be a modem. At this point, my parents really don't need to have modem
control of their HA, just a simple and reliable system that can expand with
their needs. Thanks for the tip. I'll definitely download the trial program
and check it out.

Cheers...

Craig