wireless audio -- stripped down

I'd like to stream wireless audio through my apartment, and there seem to be
a ton of products by linksys, squeezebox, etc. for doing this.  While these
are nice, they all tend to have lots of frills that jack up the price -- ID3
tag display, trendy scandinavian design standards.  I'm basically looking
for something that will convert an audio signal streamed over my wireless
network into a line-level audio signal (amplification optional) -- does
something like this exist?