Re: Connect home audio receiver to computer

treeloaf wrote:
> Hope I'm in the correct group. I want to connect my Advent 300 receiver
> to my computer sound card to use my Klipsch speakers. Can this be
> accomplished using a Y-Adapter Audion Cable plugged into the line-in on
> my sound card? I'm using a Audigy2 ZS card. Not sure if and how to do
> this if it can at all. Any help appreciated!!
> treeloaf

So, all of these responses probably cleared everything up, right?  ;-)

Anyway, based on Dave Houston's research showing that the tape-out works
as I suspected, you can tie your PC in with your receiver "completely"
with two "Y" cables.  Both would have a mini 3-conductor plug on one leg
and two rca plugs on the other.

Plug one of the mini 3-conductor plugs into the line-out on your audigy
card and the corresponding rca plugs into the tape-in jacks on your
receiver.  Using this, you'll be able to record stuff coming from your
receiver on your PC or use your PC speakers to listen to your receiver.

Use the other Y cable to connect the line-in on your audigy card to the
tape-out jacks on your receiver.  This will allow you to play content
from your PC (MP3's, Internet radio, etc.) on your receiver.

I hope this summarizes/simplifies all of the other messages for you.

Good Luck!