Re: speaker wire deteriorates?

itsme213 wrote:
> I installed a bunch of in-wall speaker wire about 5-years ago when building
> my home. I used a decent speaker wire from Home Depot. Unfortunately I ran
> out (of both wire and energy) and had the security wiring company run the
> speaker wires for last speaker pair.
>
> Now it seems I have to crank up the amp quite a bit higher than before for
> that last speaker pair.
>
> Does speaker wire deteriorate that badly? Would they have installed
> something really crummy?
>
> Thanks.

I'm wondering if perhaps you could detail what you've done recently (add
an additional speaker pair, new wall plate/connectors, etc.).  If none
of this applies, did the reduction in volume happen rather suddenly or
is it when you've selected this pair along with a number of others?  How
about telling us what you have installed and describe the wiring runs as
well.  What's the impedance of the speakers and amp?