Re: backbone for structured wiring

Your point is well taken.  Since the distance from the room to the central
wiring harness doesn't really degrade the signal, it's probably easier to do
maintenance in one place.  That means using the Cat5 systems that run the
controller back to the central area, and running the speaker wire all the
way from the central service point.  I'm still new to this stuff, and just
figuring out the needs, let alone the means, is hard enough!