Remote control

The X10 setup I have now can send RF commands to another X10
transceiver in the house.  They recommend this if parts of your house
don't respond; something about dual phase yadda.

Anyway, is there any way to have the X10 send out codes to control
things like TVs or ceiling fans as though it was the remote control?

You can tell I don't know squat, so any help is big time appreciated...