turnkey intercom solution?

Hello,

Throughout my house I have 4 pair Cat5e wire running; the builder used
it for the phone system.  I've tapped off two pairs at each wall plate
into a cat5e RJ45 keystone jack, and put a hub at the wiring closet,
thus giving me a poor man's throughout-the-house network (works
great!).  One of the remaining two pairs is used for the phone.

This leaves one remaining pair (two wires) doing nothing.  So, my
question is, is there any turnkey solution that will let me use those
wires for a whole-house intercom / paging system?  My dream would be to
have little intercom boxes all throughout the house, presumably all
interconnected back in the wiring closet, so that you could walk up to
any of these boxes, press a TALK button, and say "honey, where are
you?"  Then Honey could respond, "i'm in the den!"  An eight-station
system would be ideal.

If possible, I'd rather not use existing telephones for this.

I would have thought this would be easy to find, but haven't seen any
viable solutions.  Can someone help me out?  I can do wire installation
(wiring up jacks, crimping phone plugs, things like that).  I couldn't
"build a circuit"; i've never touched a soldering iron and wouldn't
know a resistor if it bit me in the butt. :(

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
MAC