Re: Control4 shipping Zigbee

Maybe I was making an incorrect assumption, but I was assuming that, though
these devices are based on Zigbee at the low level 'on the wire' protocol
level, that they are not designed to be interoperable with generic Zigbee
devices, right? Given the proprietary nature of their system, it just seemed
likely to me that they wouldn't be interested in doing otherwise, since
folks could then just buy generic Zigbee based versions of switches and
other things, instead of buying Control4 products (where there is overlap),
and Control4 installers would have to deal with all the possible issues of
generic Zigbee devices being introduced into the Control4 system.

Am I incorrect in that assumption?

Dean Roddey
Chairman/CTO, Charmed Quark Systems
www.charmedquark.com