Re: Emergency Water Turn-Off?

"Matt" <mattmorgan64@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1115681974.405520.121580@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> But I don't know of any safeties on a water heater for an out of water
> condition. Seems like to me the thermostat is going to call for heat in
> an empty situation, and the burner will simply continue to run; I
> suppose until someone notices or the bottom of the WH burns up, what
> follows that I don't know.

If the thermocouple in the tank, won't it heat up VERY fast in a dry tank
(vs one filled with water), and therefore the burner will not burn that
long?

I have an electric WH, in my garage, in Phoenix, and it barely runs in the
summer.  When the garage is 110, and the thermostat is set to 140, doesn't
take much to bring water up to the proper temp!

(of course, the cold water is also 90 degrees that time of year....)