Re: outdoor volume control?

wkearney99 wrote:

> Anyone have an opinion on whose outdoor volume
> controls to use?  Niles and Russound both make
> the typical single-knob weatherproof variety.  Any
> idea on which one's better than the other?

The WALT-x from Russound works flawlessly.  I've installed both Niles and
Russound for many years.  IMO they're virtually identical.  I currently sell
Russound and I don't sell Niles but only because Niles is not available
through my distributors.

> The idea here is to take line-out from a nearby
> a-bus zone and run it through an amplifier suitable
> for driving the various rock and planter style
> speakers.  Each pair being on it's own volume
> control.

That will work fine.  Be sure to set the impedance for the number of pairs.
If it's not exact, err on the side of higher impedance (greater "x").

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics