Re: Best wireless router & cards for high-speed cable connection?

On Sun, 15 May 2005 00:59:35 GMT, newbee
<wireless@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>P.S. Second question, please: What would be the best way to not only
>connect that 2nd computer to the Internet but also to connect the TV
>in that room to my main Media Center computer? Dell offers a solution
>(http://snipurl.com/ewgq), but the $399 seems excessive (perhaps I'm
>wrong, of course).

The best solution there is to forget that you have the media
center PC and connect the other one to the TV via video card
with TV-Out, and connect the two systems by wire, not
wireless.  Wireless will inherantly be slower and suject to
occasional dropouts.  The slower part also reduces the
quality you can send to the TV from the media center PC, but
is again a reason not to use low-quality high compression
rather pulling the files across the wired lan to be played
by the PC next to the TV.