Re: Need an opinion on home automation and speech recognition

Homeseer
Hal
CharmedQuark

Try them and see what fits "your" needs better.
I use Homeseer and CharmedQuark

Never mind on the above this are windows programs. Not sure on Linux
I'm sure others will chime in.

A good forum that is laid out to explain is http://cocoontech.com

Visit and read lots of articles and explainations.

What to buy?
Depends on many things.
What do you want to do?

Hard to setup?
Pretty easy if you don't mind wiring a light switch.

Good Books?
Wouldn't waste my money search with google.

Brian
http://tech-home.com