Re: Some upcoming CQC 1.4 teasers

"Dean Roddey" <droddey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> A new CQC version 1.3.13 has been posted to the web site. This release is
> primarily designed to support the Alpha release of our new .Net Interface
> Viewer
>
> The changes/fixes in this release are:
>
> .Net Interface Viewer Alpha Support. This release contains the features
> required to support the Alpha release of the .Net Interface Viewer, which
> allows users to access CQC graphical interfaces on small handheld devices.

The information above just about begs me to ask: "Does this version support
the .Net Interface Viewer?"  :-)  OK.  Just kidding. We're *sure* that your
new release supports it, but what is it?  The .Net Interface Viewer, that
is.

> Sony Qualia 004 Projector Driver. A new driver is available for the high
end
> Qualia 004 video projector. It uses the Qualia's Ethernet based control
> interface.

That's nice to know, but I suppose I'd rather know "how many devices are out
there to drive?" and what percentage of that base you've got drivers for.
When I go looking for operating manuals on sites like Sony and Panasonic,
I'm astounded by the sheer number of different models they make of almost
every consumer item imaginable.  How can you or anyone else in the driver
business hope to keep up?

> Runco VX-1000 Projector Driver. A new driver is available for the Runco
> VX-1000 DLP projector. This is a one way driver for now, i.e. no feedback,
> but it has all the necessary features for day to day control.

I guess I don't wonder much why "Home Automation" seems to have stalled when
you remind us that interfacing with most modern consumer electronics has to
be done on a case-by-case basis.  Theoretically "toy" makers should be
building to a common control bus spec and provide some sort of universally
accepted configuration firmware on board to provide setup and operational
details.

> Sunset Scheduled Events. Sunset scheduled events could be rescheduled for
> the next day if the system is restarted near the scheduled time, so that
> today's sunset event would be skipped.

Not sure *why* you would want to do that or what kind of events would cause
a restart.

> Z-Wave Driver Improvements. The initial Z-Wave driver became available in
> the previous CQC release. Based on feedback since then, some improvements
> have been made.[/LIST]

For instance?

[url=http://www.charmedquark.com/www2/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB
2&Number=5273&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=365&fpart=1]Here[/url]

Your lengthy URL got mangled somewhere in the process.  Why not post a
TinyURL, too?

I did manage to reach the site and read through a lot of the engaging
discussions but it made me realize more and more how non-standard the
consumer electronics world is, even compared to the PC world.

I like the look of the new site: http://www.charmedquark.com  It's probably
just personal bias, but when I see a well-designed, hierarchically-thought
out website I feel that the product will be similarly designed.  Good luck!

--
Bobby G.