Re: implementing a toggle function in x10

On 2 May 2005 23:43:18 -0700, bcboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <bcboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm pretty sure this isn't possible, but just in case, is there any way
> (short of dedicating a PC or other high-end device) to implement a
> "toggle" function with one x10 code, so a single button will do on and
> off (sorta like a garage door opener).

Tricky.

Probably could do it with various combinations of appliance modules and
possibly needing some 120v relays.  But ouch, it makes my head hurt.  :)

> I haven't been able to find much detail on the Homelink, but I suspect
> the buttons are only capable of sending a single code.

I think so.  :(

> Obviously if I dedicated a PC I could store a state and write a "macro"
> that alternates, but that's not really an option for me.

Someday...

sdb

--
Wanted:  Omnibook 800 & accessories, cheap, working or not
sdbuse1 on mailhost bigfoot.com