Re: implementing a toggle function in x10

<bcboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:1115102598.780929.199910@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I'm pretty sure this isn't possible, but just in case, is there any way
> (short of dedicating a PC or other high-end device) to implement a
> "toggle" function with one x10 code, so a single button will do on and
> off (sorta like a garage door opener).
>
> The problem I'm trying to solve is implementing lights on/off commands
> from a Homelink unit in a car. It will learn one x10 code on a single
> button. I would like to use the same button to alternate between "on"
> and "off", i.e. one press should issue the off command, and the next
> press (after release) should send the on command. I have a cm11a,
> however it appears to be stateless, so it won't solve this problem as
> far as I can tell.
>
> I haven't been able to find much detail on the Homelink, but I suspect
> the buttons are only capable of sending a single code.
>
> Obviously if I dedicated a PC I could store a state and write a "macro"
> that alternates, but that's not really an option for me.

X10 modules should be considered stateless devices.  Knowledge
of the current state is not necessary for operation.

My wife's car has the Homelink 3 button transmitter.  One button activates
the garage door operator.  The other two are dedicated to a macro which
controls a couple of WS-467 wall switches.  One button sends the macro
On command and the other sends the Off command.  The macro will turn off
the lights two minutes after the Macro On command if no Off command is received.
This provides on/off control of the lights using a single Homelink button, while
the third Homelink button provides an immediate Off.

ActiveHome software is used to download the macro commands to a CM11A
so the PC isn't running all the time.