Re: halogen lamp on x10

"bill" <no_replies@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:Covie.2921$BF5.2219@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Another problem with the cheap halogen lamps is that the cheap dimmer
> produces so much electrical noise it will cause dsl to stop working.

Cheap dimmers have been implicated in a lot of X-10 problems, too.  I seem
to remember coming across a post where someone said that they installed a
halogen light with dimmer that caused their CM11A to overheat whenever the
lights were dimmed.  Obviously there's lots of variance in dimmer design.

--
Bobby G.