Re: cp290 software

"DanR" <dhr22@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm new to this group.
> I have a CP290 and am using X10WC software by David Huras. It works
> great but I
> don't know what else is out there. The X10WC software goes back to
> Win3.1. Does
> anyone know if there is a more recent version? Has David abandoned
> this
> software?
> I like the fact that the CP290 does not have to live connected to the
> computer.
> I like the sun times capabilities of the WC software.
> Do I have other and better options these days?

Interesting that you mentioned Dave Huras because I've been looking for
a current WinXp replacement of the DOS based scheduler X10EC I still use
from him, mainly because of its sun times update capability.  That's
pretty much the reason why I still keep a small DOS partition I boot
into on every Sunday but I'd like to finally get rid off that necessity
and be completely on Windows.  Any such program would have to have at
least the same capabilities as the DOS based version.

I see that Dave still has a Web site up there
(http://www3.sympatico.ca/dave.huras/), but he seems to mostly be busy
with IR applications and the Windows version of X10EC is of Win95
vintage.  I guess one can always try to email him and ask, but from what
I see on his Web site, I think I already know his answer. :-(

Rudy