Re: X10 Computer Interface

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 23:05:07 -0800, Dave <dju@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 00:59:25 GMT, shb*NO*SPAM*@comporium.net
>(Si Ballenger) wrote:
>
>>Just make it so it will run one or more user specified command
>>lines when motion is detected. That way when motion is detected,
>>the user can have applications run that operate x10 gizmos, send
>>email, grab pix, or do all sorts of other things. You can add
>>other fancy stuff later after the motion detection part is
>>developed.
>
>Would a command line to launch a .CMD or .BAT file be enough
>to make it useful? That would be real easy for me to add
>something like a program (or .CMD) file launcher.
>
>Will have to think about how to avoid feedback (blink on /
>off) in case the light (outdoor lights) are in view of the
>motion detector camera.
>
>To avoid turning the lights on in the daytime, I can keep
>track of time and when the program knows that the sun is up,
>it can launch a different command line or not launch
>anything. Seems like it's getting a little dirty if I have
>to keep track of daylight, though. Will need to figure that
>one out. It turns out that the computer can't tell day or
>night by looking at the camera image, unfortunately.
>
>I'll be back here when it's done to see if I can find any
>volunteers to help test it. The program already records
>video and the motion detector are complete. It has to be
>able to support as many capture input devices as possible
>and I'm afraid right now it only supports 3 of the 4 devices
>I tried to use with it. It won't support the Adaptec capture
>cards, but I've tried 3 other brands all successfully.
>Eventually I'd like to support IP cams but it only works
>with analog or digital (firewire or USB) video capture right
>now.
>
>Dave

The below link shows how I use the free webcam2000 program to
save pix when a bat file is executed. I can also have it take a
pix and email it using a command line email program called
sendemail. The bottom two links have small command line
applications for operating an x10 firecracker which controls the
x10 devices. If your application can execute a batch file, then
that batch file can call a number of other batch files and run
them. You just need to add a place in your application where the
user can specify the batch file or the path to the batch file to
run when motion is detected.

http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/webcamsetup.htm
http://www.ubasics.com/adam/electronics/cm17.shtml
http://mscm17a.sourceforge.net/