Re: X10 Computer Interface

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 21:32:34 +0000 (UTC), "Paul Peard"
<NOSPAMpaul_peard@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Another 2 cents worth......
>
>Launching command line is absolutly essential, but let the command line be
>user configurable - so instead of putting in a cmd flie to run - allow the
>user to specify "cscript trigger."whatever you favourite wscript supported
>language is" - and pass as much info to the command as you can - something
>like
>
>trigger "which camera" "day or night" "date/time" "date time I last
>triggered" "trigger count" "%confidence (did it move a little or a lot)" -
>you need to pass the state information to the command line 'cos scripts
>aren't good at being stateful.
>
>I would like to then do some logic inside the cmd/script like...
>
>trigger....
>
>    if day and camera triggered triggered twice in 1 minute
>    then
>        a lot of activity outside - no lights but maybe ring an internal
>chime to go take a look
>
>    still more activity
>        take pictures - email then to remote sites.
>        if house empty then send pager message
>
>    yet more
>        trigger the panic alarm in the house
>
>    if night then all the above plus the lights.......

You've given me some good info and I appreciate it. I'm
definitely going to make sure I have a command driver like
you described. It looks like allowing the user to have a
collection of keyword placeholders that are substituted with
actual data when a command is generated is important.

Dave