Re: Home video distribution?

Ethernet.

Yes, that sounds simple. Too simple. But why not? Check out using a Media
Center Edition computer, available now in several form-factors including
that of an audio-video component. Record and transport radio, television,
music, video, photographs from your main server which is simply a properly
equipped PC. Send it at your leisure to other rooms through the use of
either other MCE computers or MCE extenders, which are very affordable.

Content is gathered through whatever source you have or choose, and is
archived onto the media center server. Extenders are available in several
different packages, including Xbox consoles. Look for the technology soon to
be incorporated into smaller packages, likely even embedded into displays
such as plasma's. This can help reduce your costs, because now you don't
have to have a tuner in the display as it's in the MC server.

HD can be recorded off-air right now, and look for future solutions to
capture HD programming over cable and satellite.

PVR features, like Tivo but with NO monthly charges. Internet access is
required for the free programming guides.

Watch this technology, these products. They are here now.