Re: Structured (low voltage) wiring installation estimates

Hey Lewis, if you decide to move to the northwest look me up and I'll give
you a job.

Nobody actually answered this guys question, on costs. I'll give you an idea
here, just a ball-park. Keep in mind I'm not a "do-it-yourselfer", but a
business destined for profit and growth. It's working for us....

A pair of speakers with volume control location in a room (16-4 w/Cat5) RI
only $195 per room. Includes ring if appropriate. Trim separate of course.

Regardless of the content of a drop, and yes we use that same term, we price
it *per cable*. An Ultrahome bundle of 2 RG6 and 2 Cat5 is four cables. $45
each cable includes rough-in and trim.

Head end equipment is separate, and things like Cat6 or a mini-coax feed (5
coax w/2 STP) to a display are more due to raw material costs.

I guess his project with 11 rooms of speakers and the rest will run around
$7000-8000. Add speakers, VC's and/or keypads, terminal equipment and this
may be a $15-20K job. I'll do these all day long if I can find them...