Insteon?

Has anybody seen any detailed technical specifications for Insteon?

All of the initial hype made it sound like each device was capable of
receiving RF (perhaps I misread that) but what little recent info I've found
sounds suspiciously like it consists of two RF2PLC devices (i.e. one
RR501-like device for each phase) with PLC communication to switches, lamp
and appliance modules.

The initial press releases indicated it would be available 1Q05 but now it
has slipped to 2Q05.