Re: Which remote could you recommend for me?

Philip Lewis <flip+spiced_ham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in

> Might i recommend: http://www.remotecentral.com/
> it has specs and reviews on several remotes.
>
> I personally have liked the cinema-7 (one for all) remote.
> It allows reassignment of nearly every button (1-2 excluded i think)
> and the ability to send command codes which are not on even your
> original remote. (I got into the factory gun calibration screens on my
> TV once... ;)  Also has a couple macro buttons, and IIRC, the ability
> to assign most keys to act as macro buttons. Rather nice device, IMHO.
> Just wish it did RF and interfaced with my X10 system. (I think the
> "producer-8" had the RF)
> ah... just noticed (on remote central) the kameleon 8 is made fby the
> same company... might be the new model.  there is a review which i
> will have to read later.
>
> Another good search term to look into is "JP1" which is an interface
> that many remotes these days have.  It allows for computer
> reprogramming of your remote with a special adapter.
>
> good luck

I looked up the Producer-8 you mentioned and aparently it's discontinued.
That led me to AIO's newer remotes tho.  Amazon.com has what appears to
be their top of the line URC 9910 for $44 and it does RF.  Has anyone
used this remote?  Does anyone know if the RF capability can be used to
control X10 devices?  Just found a post that said it uses 430MHz, so I
guess it's no good for X10, still sound like a pretty great remote for
the price.