Re: Caller ID

Matt wrote:

> Anyone know of any devices that will output CID info to a serial
> port/etc for capture by a PC?
>
> Goal here is to feed the incoming number to my dispatch system, pulling
> up the customer screen automatically.
>
> We have a digitil phone system; but I imagine I could tap in to the
> analog lines that feed the system if need be.
>
> Also, I can get the things I need to do this from my telco equipment
> provider; was just wondering if there were a least expensive way.
>
> Thanks

I use a netcaller id box. It works quite well and you won't find a
cheaper solution.

<http://electronicdiscountsales.com/product_detail.cfm?prod_id=25230&image=http://old.handzon.com/edsweb/images/misc_Electronics/netCallerID_05.jpg>

--
Reg        email: RegForte (at) (that free MS email service) (dot) com