Media server with RS-232 control?

Does anyone know of a media server that allows RS-232 control or some
other control mechanism that I can use to interface with my home
automation system?  Most systems out there offer PC or browser control.
 I want to be able to call up music playlists from touchscreens by
issuing commands through my controller.  I am currently using a Nirvis
Slink-e but they stopped supporting it a year ago and I thought I would
start exploring.