x10 contoller operates activehome pro software but not module

I just bought Activehome pro, installed the software and it operated
the first lamp module I plugged in.  I also have several different
controllers (credit card, palmpad), when you click a button on the
controller you can see the switch operating in the software but the
light that it controls does not respond.  When you click directly on
the software the light operates and dims properly.  Any one have any
ideas?  This is confusing to a HA newbie.  Please respond to
winkboyd2001@xxxxxxxxx or post answer, thanks! Wink