Re: DoorBell Fon and VOIP linksys adapters - can they co-exist?

> I should have done some more work before posting...
> but I am looking at a neat door intercom system for
> my home.  The DoorBell Fon with the brass outdoor
> station looks absolutely perfect....with one lone
> problem...I don't know if it will blow up my Linksys
> phone adapter used with my VOIP provider.

I have a number of customers who use the Doorbell Fon with VoIP service and
it works fine.  As another gentleman mentioned, you'll need a ring booster
if you have a *lot* of phones in the house.

> I am under the impression that the adapter would
> only be damaged by ringing voltage sent from a
> typical central office, and that the DoorBell Fon
> probably would be fine...

You assume correctly.  The Doorbell Fon won't harm the VoIP unit.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics