Re: New HA product development

"John Fields" <jfields@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1l4jb1l118erpu8s5d5m9394qki0s5rbnr@xxxxxxxxxx
> On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 08:51:13 -0700, Jim Thompson
> <thegreatone@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 15:39:46 GMT, "fleen_squigger"
> ><skliegle@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >>Wow, you really aren't the sharpest tool in the shed, are you?  That
> >>'poetry' was an example of just how incredibly bad ass-barphed's poetry
is,
> >>not my own!  Hello --- it's supposed to be bad!  My god, how do you
> >>function?  Sorry Kieth, I just cannot buy into this fallacy that you are
> >>some kind of electronics professional, more likely you are a victim of
> >>lunatic asylum budget-cutbacks --- they thought you'd be ok as long as
you
> >>took your medication, and kicked you out to save money.
> >>

> >And you, "fleen_squigger", are "some kind of electronics
> >professional"??
>
> ---
> He's a sophomoric little ham from Vancouver ("Tom, VA7FAB") who
> advocated (in a newsgroup, yet) using lightly trafficked spectrum
> space illegally by not doing it enough to get caught.  He gets himself
> all worked up from time to time and likes to try to annoy me because I
> threatened to turn his slimy little criminal ass in to the authorities
> and because I gave him some information about SKYPE that he didn't
> want to hear about.

By "illegally" do you mean without a license, or intruding into forbidden
bands?

Don't the airwaves belong to the people?  Shouldn't the people be allowed to
make any use they want of the airwaves, as long as they don't interfere with
properly licensed/permitted signals, or cause a hazard to others?

The feds can be so picky.  I am aware of a local ham who altered his
portable to be able to listen to police bands.  While mountain-biking with
friends, one fellow got badly hurt.  He called for help on the Sheriff's
frequency, and the victim was saved.  A few days later, the FCC paid him a
visit and confiscated the device.