Re: DoorBell Fon and VOIP linksys adapters - can they co-exist?

"cribis" <chrisylvania@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>I should have done some more work before posting...but I am looking at
> a neat door intercom system for my home.  The DoorBell Fon with the
> brass outdoor station looks absolutely perfect....with one lone
> problem...I don't know if it will blow up my Linksys phone adapter used
> with my VOIP provider.

It won't affect your Linksys adapter at all.  Just follow the installation
instructions as you would a normal telephone connection.

> I am under the impression that the adapter would only be damaged by
> ringing voltage sent from a typical central office, and that the
> DoorBell Fon probably would be fine if I simply plugged in the phone
> adapter to the Doorbel Fon unit and the output to my homes premise
> wiring serving my phone handsets.  But I am not sure if this my
> introduce excess voltage or current that will fry my VOIP adapter.

Nope.  The DoorBell Fon won't put voltage on the VOIP adapter.

> The only other alternative would be to set up some designated handsets
> for the DoorBell Fon, but that would be little dorky.
>
> Any thoughts or technical links anybody can offer?  Thanks.

http://www.homephone.com/techsupport/intro/figure1.htm

You can also email tech support, but they'll only confirm what I've already
posted.