Re: Thermostat recommendations?

I put one of these in myself a little over a year ago. I loked at quite
a few models but finally went with an RC-122 thermostat from HAI. I
have had no problems at all with it.

The features that made me decide on this one were:

- Serial port connection (this one can also do RS-485 I think)
- Compatible with their Omni series home automation controllers (I want
to get one when I can afford it).
- Can display outside temperature (either with external sensor or
update from the computer).

Their protocol isn't that difficult, and if you are connecting it to a
PC they have a program you can use so you don't have to write any code.

I bought it from Worthington Distribution (http://www.worthdist.com).
Their prices are good and their service is excellent.

BTW, unless you have a two stage furnace, you don't need this model--
it's about $40 more for the two stage if I remember correctly.

I hope this helps.

Bill