Re: Leviton or X10 switched outlet problem

In article <L1QDe.19737$5N3.13101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, JeffVolp@xxxxxxx (Jeff Volp) writes:

| Does anyone know if these switched outlets become confused as to what state
| they are in?  If so, a simple fix may be to preface every OFF command with
| an ON.  Otherwise, I guess the answer is to install one of the Leviton 16293
| relay switches I use elsewhere for compact fluorescents.

I can't answer your question, but I have observed an almost-similar effect
with the ACT/Leviton relay wall switches (of rather old vintage).  If the
power is interrupted while the switch is on the switch will remain on when
the power is restored (as it should) but it will ignore the first push of
the toggle button.  If the switch is off when power is interrupted then
it behaves correctly when power is restored.  It's almost as if the switch
has two different ideas of its state--one at a high level that it uses to
decide the new state after a toggle and another based on the actual state
of the relay.

				Dan Lanciani
				ddl@danlan.*com