Re: Doorbell options

> What's the fascination with these doorbell intercom
> systems. They are really cool in theory, but the fact
> is that maybe one person a month knocks on my door unexpected...

It all depends on the individual's needs.  I happen to work at home.  My
office is in the back and I'm almost always on the phone.  A Doorbell Fon
that rings my phone would be a real blessing for me, allowing me to hit the
"flash" key on my phone, find out who's there, let them in if I want and
flash back to continue speaking to my customer without ever having to leave
my desk.  Unfortunately, my home is on a slab and my attic is almost totally
inaccessible.

The next house will definitely have a video intercom at the door.  I'm kind
of torn between Aiphone, which I've sold for decades, and a new CAT5 video
intercom from Grayfox (now part of OnQ).

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics