Re: Good vendors for replacement alarm panel/keypads?

"Bob" <bobnospam1@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> My friends ADT system died yesterday. From all I can tell, the main
> control
> box died - All keypads just flash LEDs bottom to top - no keypad
> response -
> disconnecting battery and transformer and reconnecting does nothing.
>
> I would like to know what sites people would recommend for replacement
> panel
> and keypads. Hopefully, I can use the current wiring and sensors/pirs with
> new equipment. |Also, what brands do people recommend for self
> installation
> by a talented do-it-yourselfer.
>
> Price is a consideration.
>
> Bob

Sounds to me like some wires have come loose.  Check the connections at the
keypad and at the control.  On some 22/4 station "Z" wire, the wire can
actually break insided the insulator.  It looks like it's a solid wire but
when you start bending it a little you'll notice the break.  If all the
terminals are tight and it looks like the wires intact, then it's time to
check out the actual wiring before you start replacing components.