Re: OT - Good forum for questions on surround sound speakers?

In general, the front speaker will be ideal at ear level.  The center
ideally be behind a perforated screen, otherwise you can use either the TV's
speakers if they are decent quality, or place the center channel above or
below the TV.  Ideally as close to the TV as possible.

The Left and Right Front speakers, will be to the side of the TV.  Try to
stay within 30-45 degree offset from the listening position.  The speakers
should be equal distance apart from the TV, but try to stay at least 6" from
the side walls.

The rear channel speakers are less critical than the front speaker.  Try to
place them so they fire to the listening position.  The biggest concern you
want is the distance from the listening position is equal for the pair.

--
Brett Griffin, Technology Consultant
Architechtronics, Inc.

*Home of "fidoh" for HAI/OnQ/Aegis
http://www.architechtronics.com/products_software.html

**keep up on cutting-edge technology... join "the EDGE" for free at
http://www.architectronics.com/edge.html