Re: what zigbee gadgets I'd like to see

"Bill Kearney" <wkearney99@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> We know nothing of the sort.  Some might /hope/ that it develops into a
> widely accepted standard.  But until it's actually in the field it's all
> just speculation.  Show me that it works and that it can be obtained
> cost effectively.  Until then it's just vapor.

I think they've already started to appear:

Control4 Begins Shipping New ZigBee Products
http://www.ce-pro.com/default.asp?NodeId=3201

05/10/05 - SALT LAKE CITY, Utah -- Control4 has begun shipping new home
automation products, including wireless products that are based on the
ZigBee (802.15.4) standard.

"We believe these products have the potential to transform the home
automation industry," says Will West, CEO of Control4. "Consumers and
dealers now have access to products that offer high quality automation at a
very affordable price, and because we offer both wired and wireless
solutions, they can be easily retrofitted into every home."

The new products include the Media Controller, Wireless Dimmer, Wireless
Switch, Ethernet Mini-Touch Screen and Wireless Touch Screen 10.5. The
company plans to ship a second wave of products over the next 60 days.

www.control4.com

--
Bobby G.