what zigbee gadgets I'd like to see

It occurs to me with a lot of new standards they expect you to "rip and
replace" what you already have.

I think they are wrong, I think if a company came out with "legacy"
interfaces from zigbee to ir, zigbee to x10, zigbee to snmp and zigbee
to dmx they would be on to a winner.

With the IR device you could even send information back through zigbee
by measuring to powerload and any outfeed feed to device creates (like
a video signal from a DVD player).

we know long term that potentially zigbee will become the defacto
standard but in the mean time, how about getting the existing devices
talking to one another!

good idea?