Re: Coupler gone bad????

"Slip Perry" <slippery@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:UGUze.2458$Zy6.1320@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Has anyone heard of a passive 2-phase coupler going bad?  It's been
> installed for about 7 years and worked fine until recently.  Now, my x10
> controller can't seem to control devices on the other circuit of my house.
>
> TIA,

Couplers go bad.  It amazes me when people get upset when their fire alarm
system bites the dust.  Just because it's a "major fixture" on the wall they
think it will last as long as the building it's protecting.  I'm not
comparing something as simple as a "coupler" with a complete fire alarm
system, but usually it's the 10 cent capacitor (or some other cheap
component) that fails and takes down the whole enchilada.  I mean...  look
at what happened to the Queen of Oak Bay!

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1120762872137_68/?hub=Canada

:-))