Re: wifi security alarm system

"James Russo" <jr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:LiGze.223074$w15.33437@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I'm interested in hearing what else can you do with the M1XEP interfce.
> For example, could you send UDP packets (like the ASCII data used to other
> interfaces) when certain events happen or are you restricted to
> email/other protocols? What are the DO components which can use the M1XEP?
> You can use the ethernet port for programming the M1 correct?
>
> thanks,

You're going to force me to buy one of these suckers and connect it to my
system, aren't you??  :-))

I don't believe the hardware/current firmware will support sending UDP
packets that you'll be able to receive.  The unit is designed to communicate
with listed Central Station hardware though.  Some CS's support internet
monitoring as an alternative to dedicated line or long range radio.  AFAIK
you can't use the ethernet port for programming the M1.  You can access a
"virtual keypad" and accomplish many of the tasks that a normal user would
have control over through the regular hard-wired keypad.  Any of the DO
components you can access with the hard-wired keypad, you'll be able to
access with the M1XEP.  Hope this helps.