Google invests in Access BPL

http://www.ecommercetimes.com/story/hTLX2CIdLl7Gye/Google-Invests-in-Broadband-Over-Power-Line-Company.xhtml

Current Communications has a joint venture with Cinergy and they have
deployed BPL in Cincinnati for more than a year now with no reports of
interference. I've read they also are testing in San Diego and several other
areas.

Cinergy was recently bought by Duke Power (assuming the regulators approve)
so I would expect they will eventually deploy the Cinergy/Current BPL system
in the areas they serve.