Re: Has anyone seen an Insteon Module?

"wkearney99" <wkearney99@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:46ydnW8L6Zu4dFDfRVn-2Q@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> Well I'll answer my own question: UPB also is a true rocker.
>
> How's it handle dimming then?

Double tap or tap and hold, etc.

So if the lights are half dimmed and you want them all the way on you double
tap the TOP button.  To dim, you tap and then hold it down to dim (I think,
I'd have to check the docs).

> The swtich feel on the X10 units is crap.  *Everyone* else's are better
> than
> X10.  The RadioRA units are very nice, on par with other high-end decora
> dimmers.

that's true but if you can tap 'either end' to 'invert' the state it is NOT
a true rocker.  the X10 units, regardless of feel, work like that if you had
a really really big switch paddle on them.  that's not what I'm looking for.

A true rocker, if you hit the bottom and the lights are off, the lights stay
off.  With ANY X10 unit that isn't a true rocker, if you hit the bottom and
your finger slips BOOM the lights turn on.

I think that's one of the reasons people think X10 isn't very reliable, when
you intend to turn the lights on or off you have to check to see what they
are and hope you don't stutter when you press the button.

I know, the immediate comment is "it's not that hard to not press the button
if the lights aren't on" but that misses the point.

        == John ==