Re: Has anyone seen an Insteon Module?

I have no hands-on but from my research...

SmartHome and several dealers list a few modules as well as a $100 starter
kit that has 2 lamp modules, 2 RF repeaters (which function as a phase
coupler) and a desktop controller.

Insteon uses a toatally different protocol so Insteon modules only receive,
repeat, and act on Insteon codes. The desktop controller can send Insteon or
X-10 codes but only X-10 modules will receive the latter. X-10 codes are not
repeated by the Insteon modules and I think the Insteon modules will
attenuate X-10 in the same manner as X-10 transmitters do.

As a practical matter I think it's "either/or" in that the more Insteon
modules you have, the less reliable your X-10 modules will be.