Re: Interim Lighting and Wireless 5.1 Stereo?

"Solo Rider" <none@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>- Lower cost light control.  Looking to go to Centralite in the new place.
>What something now.  House is full of CFLs and other major noise sources so
>X-10 is not an option.  Zigbee/Zwave does not have enough stuff out there
>yet.  Will Insteon work in that environment?  What do we do for wireless
>remotes?

Insteon is probably worth a try. If the noise sources are truly noise
sources and not signal sinks you might be OK. The starter kit is relatively
inexpensive and SmartHome appears to be tolerant of returns.

As yet there are no Insteon remotes but there seem to be new devices
released almost daily so I expect to see them soon. You might get by using
X-10 remotes, a Leviton all housecode transceiver and the just released
X10/Insteon translator. Watch for Bruce Robin's posts on this - he is
awaitng delivery.