X10 RF Link Command Translater

Based on comments here and some personal experience, I've been thinking
about creating a X10 RF Link Command Translator.

Many of us have devices we would like to control with RF remotes, and other
devices we would rather not have controlled accidentally.  Sometimes these
devices span several housecodes.  While what I describe here is easily
implemented in a high end controller, a PIC change to a RR501 could allow it
to handle the translation.

Basically, the user would select any one housecode for the RF link.  The
modified RR501 would then translate RF housecode-unit pairs to any other
housecode-unit X10 line commands.  The RF link might also include a
"security mode" where a 2 key input within a time window would be necessary
to accept the command.

Any thoughts on how useful something like this would be?

Jeff