Re: Bulb Contact Meltdown Caused by LM465 Lamp Module?

I doubt it's the module. Is the fixture rated for a 250 watt bulb? Many
are not. Is the socket well ventilated or enclosed? Replace it with a
porcelain socket this time instead of the plastic ones you've been
using. They cost a couple extra bucks but are designed to withstand the
high heat generated by a 250 watt bulb.
You can buy them at Home Depot/Lowes and see them here:
 http://www.foxelectricsupply.com/content/products/ProductCatalog.asp?qshCatId=26167From:Rogercrosseyedpenguin@xxxxxxx> Hi,>> I have been having repeated failures of a lamp controlled by a X10> Powerhouse LM465 Lamp Module.  Over the past several years I have> replaced the socket on the lamp at least twice.  Today I replaced a> bulb that had been in use for over a year and found the contact on> the base of the bulb was disfigured as if it had been soft or even> melted at one time or another.  This is a repeat of a problem I had a> few years ago and why I have replaced the socket.>> The bulb was a 50-200-250 three way bulb and that is what is commonly> used in the lamp.  Is it possible the LM465 is contributing to this> problem even though I am below the 300 watt maximum or is there some> other explanation as to why I am seeing this problem more than once in> this particular lamp?>> The bulb I replaced today was a GE.  I don't remember what brands I> have used in the past.>> Roger