Re: Flourescent kills X10

Just to make sure that I have described the problem correctly, here's
what I have.

Source --------<S1>-----------------<S2>----|| end of line
                |                    |
               <S1a>                <S2a>
               (AM1)                (LM1)
               (F1)                 (I1)

<S1>, <S2> = Grounded Outlets
<S1a>, <S2a> = Spliced-in additional grounded outlets

(AM1) = 3 pin appliance module set at A5
(LM1) = Lamp module set at A6

(F1) = 13 watt fluorescent light fixture
(I1) = Incandescent light (just for testing)

<AM1> has been modified to disable Local Control because it would not
turn off and stay off (cut trace on IC pin 7).  After that mod it
blinked (F1) when in off state, so I modified it for current sense
(sniped diode) and solved that problem.

I can control the (AM1)(F1) branch ok.  If I have (AM1) in the OFF
position, I can control the (LM1) circuit just fine.  When the (AM1)
circuit is in the ON position, (LM1) never gets any X10 commands
because they are blocked by (F1).

I did write a ON macro that turned-on (LM1) first then (AM1) and an OFF
macro that turned off (AM1) then (LM1) in that sequence and it worked.

I plan to replace the (LM1) module with another appliance module to run
2 more of the same exact kinds of lights after I get all of this sorted
out.  I was just using the lamp module for test.

I'm wondering what might happen when I add another appliance module in
the (S2a) circuit and connect the fluorescent lights to it.  Will I
then loose control of the (S1a) circuit and be back to square 1?

Since all of these fluorescent lights will be used together, the macro
solution is ok assuming that it continues to work when I add the second
appliance module.  A more permanent fix would be better though.

I just went out at lunch and bought another appliance module, so I'll
be testing tonight.

Thanks for all of your help and suggestions.

Keith