Re: The latest from Symantec - "Winfixer"

wkearney99 wrote:

> Well, that about says is all.

And this response contributes what to the Group, exactly??  Robert
frequently calls me a "liar".  He's never been able to substantiate that
statement (and neither have you).  By all means, let's allow him to run
roughshod over anyone because he's a "regular contributor".  Let's
ignore years of turmoil he's created in other Newsgroups for no other
reason than to bolster his rather fragile ego.  Let's let him peddle his
wares in the group in contravention of your charter.  Let's "turn the
other way" when he calls Dave Houston a liar or posts idiotic advice and
deliberately misleading comments based on his "years of installation
experience" and need for "one-up-man-ship".

"Winfixer" is a security threat - FACT
BassBurglarAlarms.com has pop-up ads (which sometimes includes active
scripting to install "Winfixer") - FACT

I've seen many of you complain about pop-up advertising at the X-10 site
but at least that's topical and doesn't pose a risk to your computer.  I
wouldn't have mentioned "Winfixer" if it didn't show up on the Symantec
website.  Yes, you have to install it, but if you actually examine the
way the different windows pop up as you try and close them, it would be
fairly easy to *accidentally* install it.

Where have I flamed Robert in over a year??  What's been my response to
the times he's deliberately tried to provoke me here??  Or in ASA??
When have I addressed him as anything but "Robert" (predomminately), or
"Bass" (rarely) in over a year??

Your hypocrisy makes any statement concerning my interaction with this
particular individual about as phony as a nine dollar bill.