Light blinks when (OFF)

Hi!  I'm very new to X-10 and just bought a starter kit to control a
flourescent light I have because the ads said it would work on an
appliance module.....it doesn't.

I'm trying to get a AM466 to run a flourescent light.  I've done the
modification to turn-off local control by cutting the trace which helps
it stay in the so-called off position, but the module still supplies a
small amount of voltage out which causes the light to pulse (blink) in
the off position.  I'm not sure if there is a mod, or it's not clear to
me, that would actually make the AM466 be totally off when in the off
position.

The light in question is a 13W flourescent performance light from Home
Depot.

Any help identifying what I need to do would be greately appreciated.

Regards,
Keith