Re: Light blinks when (OFF)

"kviator" <kviator@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in news:1133567343.770938.73390
@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

> Hi!  I'm very new to X-10 and just bought a starter kit to control a
> flourescent light I have because the ads said it would work on an
> appliance module.....it doesn't.
>
> I'm trying to get a AM466 to run a flourescent light.  I've done the
> modification to turn-off local control by cutting the trace which helps
> it stay in the so-called off position, but the module still supplies a
> small amount of voltage out which causes the light to pulse (blink) in
> the off position.  I'm not sure if there is a mod, or it's not clear to
> me, that would actually make the AM466 be totally off when in the off
> position.
>
> The light in question is a 13W flourescent performance light from Home
> Depot.

<snip>

The answer depends somewhat on what modification you actually performed.

There is a mod that disconnects the sensing needed for local control.  I
suspect that this is what you did.  In this case, there is still a small
current supplied by the module to support the sensing function.  This current
will charge up the circuitry in your flourescent lamp sufficiently so that it
can blink on periodically.

There is a better modification (look for it, I don't have the reference) that
disconnects the current for the local sense function.  This will both disable
the local sense function AND eliminate the current that is causing your lamp
to blink.

--
Ian Shef     805/F6      *    These are my personal opinions
Raytheon Company         *    and not those of my employer.