Re: Trouble-shooting "message waiting" light

I was out of town for two days. Thanks everyone for the responses. Here
are my answers to each of your questions:

BruceR: The phone is a Uniden Power Max 5.8 MHz - 2line

BradHouser: I am using a single 8 lead wire for both connection, only
four leads in use. So I am using a single jack on the phone that
handles boith lines. (You asked that question, but the rest of your
post implies that you already understand that.)

When you refer to line 1,2,3,4 in your diagnostic steps, what color
combinations are you talking about?

Here's what I've got:

Patch panel: Blue, Blue/White, Orange, Orange/White

Cable: Blue, Blue/White, Orange, Orange/White and unused: Green,
Green/White, Brown, Brown/White

Colors inside Jack near phone -> connected to cable color:

Yellow -> Orange
Black -> Orange/White
Green -> Blue
Red -> Blue/White

Thanks for your help. Clearly you guys understand this better than I
do, so I hope that you can point me in the right direction because this
is driving me nuts :) Feel free to email me directly too but I will
monitor this thread!

- Pito